Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Yahoo is one of the most popular and widely used email services across the globe. Its great user interface and unique features make Yahoo a reliable web mail service provider.
Although, users facing many problems while accessing their email accounts and Yahoo mail not syncing is one of the common problems. You should fix this issue at utmost priority, as it can disturb your work.
Well, if you want to get the issue resolved at ease, then read this blog post till the last word, as we will discuss in depth the Yahoo mail not syncing issue. So, stay glued till the end of this blog post.
Why Does Yahoo Mail Not Syncing Issue Arise?
Before we directly delve into the topic, you need to understand the reasons due to why the problem arises. So, let’s have a quick overview of the reasons which lead to the Yahoo mail not syncing problem;
- Weak or poor internet connection.
- When you have not updated the PC’s operating system from a long time, then it can might cause some compatibility issues.
- Cache files are decreasing the performance speed of the device.
- Poor or unstable internet connection.
- Using an outdated version of Yahoo mail application.
- Incorrect server settings can also be a solid reason behind the Yahoo mail syncing issue.
How to Fix Yahoo Mail Not Syncing on Android?
If you are facing the Yahoo mail sync issues in your Android mobile device, then here are the tried and tested solutions that you can follow to resolve the problem.
Solution 1. Update Yahoo Mail Application
The best effective way to deal with the Yahoo sync problems is to update the Yahoo mail application. Below are the steps you need to follow for updating the Yahoo mail application on your android device.
- Firstly, open the Google play store application on your android device.
- Then, type “Yahoo Mail” application in the search box and tap on the search icon.
- Now, the application page will be open on your mobile screen. Here, you have to tap on the “Update” option.
- Thereon, the updating process will commence on your screen. This process will take few minutes depending on the internet speed.
- At last, restart your mobile device and launch the mail application as the process ends.
Solution 2. Delete App Cache
When the junk files are present in your mobile’s internal storage in the form of cache and cookies, then it can lead to the Yahoo mail syncing problems. In this scenario, deleting the cache and cookies can help you to resolve the problem.
Here are the steps you can follow to delete the cache in your android mobile.
- Firstly, go to the mobile settings and tap on the “Internal Storage” option.
- Thereon, you have to tap on the “Cached Data” option.
- At last, select the “Remove”> “OK” option.
Solution 3. Manually Turn on Yahoo Mail Sync Settings
Let’s take a look at the steps that you can follow to manually enable the sync feature in your android device.
- Navigate to the mobile settings and tap on the “Accounts” option.
- Now, select your Yahoo mail account and tap on the “Sync Contacts” option to turn on the sync.
How to Fix Yahoo Mail Not Syncing Issue on iPhone?
If you are facing the Yahoo mail not syncing problem on your iPhone device, then below mentioned are the steps that you can execute to resolve the problem.
- Firstly, navigate to the mobile settings on your iPhone device.
- Now, under the settings list, tap on the “Mail, Contacts, and Calendars” option.
- Thereon, you have to tap on the “Add Account” option.
- Then, select the Yahoo option and provide the account details, i.e., name, email address, login password, and account description.
- Moving ahead in the procedure, tap on the “Next” option and turn on the mail option.
- At last, tap on the “Save” option to save the updated changes.
Apart from this, if you are facing the Yahoo email not updating on iPhone, ensure that your device is properly connected to the internet.
Try switching to different internet connections and make that it’s properly working.
Yahoo Mail Not Syncing Issue on Mac
Let’s look at the steps you can follow to fix the Yahoo mail not syncing issue on Mac.
- First, ensure that your Mac is updated with the latest version.
- Thereon, open the mail application on your device.
- Moving ahead, click on the “Mail” tab option.
- After that, you will be asked to select the preferences from the list of options.
- Moving ahead in procedure, click on the “Yahoo Email Account” option.
- After that, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Dash” option.
- Now, a confirmation pop-up window will be open on your screen.
- You must click on the “OK” option to confirm the delete request.
- At last, you have to re-add the Yahoo email account on your Mac device.
Once you have re-added the Yahoo email account on your Mac, then verify if the syncing issue has been eliminated or not. If this method didn’t help you solve the error, try these steps.
- Verify the Internet connectivity and its speed.
- Clear the browser’s all-time history and cache.
- Turn off the windows defender security feature.
- Enable the email sync option.
- Verify the email server status.
Yahoo Mail Not Syncing With Windows 10 Issue
If you are using a windows 10 PC and thinking about how to fix the Yahoo mail not syncing issue, then here are the steps you can follow to eliminate the error.
- First, go to the windows start menu on your PC by pressing the windows button.
- Thereon, navigate to the windows defender security center.
- Now, click on the “Next” option and select the “Fire and Network Protection” option.
- Followed by the above steps, select the network profile and disable the windows firewall.
These above steps will surely help you to fix the Yahoo email not syncing issue on Windows 10 PC.
How to Eliminate Yahoo Mail Not Syncing Issue With Gmail?
An unsync account can be a reason many users face issues with their Yahoo email account, such as being unable to send or receive new emails, not syncing with Gmail, etc.
You must ensure that the Gmail application is properly updated to eliminate these issues. Moving on, here are the steps you can follow to fix this issue.
- Firstly, you have to log in to the Yahoo email account in the Gmail application. Here, you must ensure to avoid any typo mistakes while providing the login credentials.
- After that, click on the gear icon available at the top right side of the screen.
- Now, under the settings drop down list, click on the “See All Settings” option.
- Thereon, click on the “Accounts and Import” option.
- Under the “Check mail from other accounts” option, select the “Add a mail account” option.
- Followed by the above steps, provide the Yahoo email address in the insert box and click on the “Next” option.
- Next, keep following the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
Once you are done with these steps, verify whether the Yahoo mail not syncing issue with Gmail has been fixed.
Yahoo Email Server Settings
If you have provided the wrong email server settings, it might lead to the Yahoo mail not sync issues on various devices.
Below are the correct email server settings you must provide to access your email account properly.
Incoming Mail Server (IMAP):
- Incoming Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- IMAP Port: 993
- SSL Required: Yes
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP):
- Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- SMTP Port: 465 or 587
- SSL Required: Yes
- Authentication Required: Yes
- Email Address: Your unique Yahoo email address
- Password: Yahoo email account login password
- Authentication Required: Yes
How to Fix Yahoo Email Not Syncing With Outlook Issue?
Below are the steps you can execute to resolve the Yahoo email not syncing issue with Outlook.
- First, navigate the Outlook settings page and click on the “View All” option.
- After that, select the email account and click on the “Sync Email” option.
- Thereon, make sure to select other email accounts too under the connected account.
- At last, provide a new name in the insert field which you want to show in the email messages.
By following the above mentioned steps, you have successfully resolved the Yahoo email not syncing issue with Outlook.
Why Is My Yahoo Mail Not Updating?
In a scenario, if you cannot update the Yahoo mail application on either your mobile device or PC, then here are the reasons why you are unable to update the Yahoo mail.
- Interrupted or poor internet connection.
- When your browser is full of unwanted cache, cookies, etc.
- Providing wrong email settings.
- Using the PC on an outdated version.
- Unwanted device-related problems.
That’s all with the possible reasons why Yahoo mail may not be updating. We suggest you avoid all these points to resolve the issue easily.
In this blog, we have discussed the Yahoo email not syncing issue on various devices and covered the solutions you can follow to resolve the issue.
If you still have problems using the Yahoo email account, you can reach out to our email experts. We have a specialized team of experts who can help you in resolving these issues immediately.
Get the issue resolved by connecting with our email experts through chat box or mail.