Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Is your Yahoo Mail Notification not working properly? If that is so, then you have arrived at the right spot. In this blog, we will give you a brief knowledge about why Yahoo Mail Notification is Not Working and how to fix it.
When you purchase a new phone, you always take care of some specific features that must be present in it. One such feature is Notification, which gives you an alert about various things on your device. Mail notification tells you about important messages that you haven’t checked yet. However, for the last few days, Yahoo users have been facing issues while receiving Mail Notifications.
Causes Behind Disabled Yahoo Mail Notification
Let’s now discuss the reason behind Yahoo Email not working on your iPhone:
- Notifications are turned off in your system.
- You have disabled the notifications in the Yahoo mail app.
- Your device is not updated with the newly launched software.
- You may have provided incorrect IMAP settings.
Solutions to Fix Yahoo Mail Notification
Now that you are fully aware of the causes behind the error, let’s understand the ways to troubleshoot it on your iPhone.
Dial Toll Free Number : +1-855-362-0770
Turn on The Notifications
It might be possible that you have disabled the notification option in your settings section, so simply enable it and start receiving the Yahoo notification. Below we have mentioned the step to do so:
- Open your iPhone’s Settings.
- Go to the Notification section.
- Select Yahoo Mail and turn on the ‘Allow Notifications.’ option.
- Next, hit on the toggles button to switch on different types of alerts.
Update your iPhone to its Latest Update
In case your device is not updated properly, it can create a hindrance for you while receiving alerts. Hence you need to update your iOS by following these steps:
- Initially, you have to go to the Settings option.
- Next, click on the General tab.
- Hit the Software Update.
- Check if there is any pending update; if yes, then install it.
- Now, restart your device.
Turn on the Notifications in the Yahoo Mail App
In case you still face any issues, then you might have some issues with your Yahoo mail app. Thus, verify whether you have turned on the Notification in your Yahoo mail or not.
- Open your Yahoo Mail app.
- Now, go to the Profile section.
- Next, select the Enable Notifications for All Messages & Features tab.
- You can also choose the Just the categories I choose section if you want some specific notifications.
Review the IMAP Settings
Sometimes, you might get stuck in various issues due to IMAP settings. So check it and set it accurately.
- Open your Yahoo Mail App.
- Now, go to the Settings tab.
- Search for IMAP settings, and verify the settings if they are correct.
- Now, log out of your Account and log in again with the help of the Web Browser.
- Now review again if the IMAP is the same or not.
- At last, Sign in to your Account again using the App.
Delete and Re-Sign into your Yahoo Mail App
In case nothing works for you, then remove your Mail and sign in again:
- Open the Yahoo mail app, and hit the sign-out button.
- Thereafter restart your device and wait for some time.
- Now go to Yahoo Mail App again.
- Now enter your login credential to Sign-in into your Yahoo mail.
- Now, verify if you are able to get the Notification now.
However, if you are an Android device user facing the same issue, then you can read the points given below.
Fix Yahoo Mail Notification on Android Devices
Let’s look at the causes that evoke Yahoo Mail Notification not working on Android:
- Your Internet connection is not stable.
- You may have enabled the DND mode.
- The background app refresh setting is turned off.
- The battery-saver mode is enabled on your device.
- The toggled switches on notification settings are disabled.
Steps to Fix Yahoo Mail Notifications
You can easily deal with Yahoo Mail Notification Not Working problem by following the steps mentioned below:
1. Make Sure that your Internet Speed is Strong
At times a user might face issues while receiving Notifications or alert from Yahoo due to a slow internet connection. Yahoo can’t work properly in the absence of a proper internet connection. Thus you must verify your internet speed and check if the Wi-Fi or mobile data is switched on.
2. Turn off the Do Not Disturb Mode
In case DND is on, then you won’t be able to receive any notification from Yahoo or any other app on your device. So, when you face a Yahoo email notification not working on your device, Review the DND mode, and turn it off if in case it is enabled.
3. Turn On the Background Apps to Refresh
The background app refresh setting allows the apps to run in the background, even if you are not using that App. However, in case this setting is not on, you won’t be able to receive any notifications from the Yahoo mail app. Thus, when you are facing such issues, enable the setting to make it work properly.
4. Disable the Power Saving Mode
If your phone is in Power saving mode, you might not be able to receive any notifications. So, check whether your device is in battery saver mode or not. If it is so, then disable it by plug-in your phone into the charger.
5. Turn on all the Notifications
If, after following all the above points, you still are not able to receive the Yahoo notification, then in such a scenario, you might have to disable the notification settings. Thus turn it on by following the below-given instructions:
- Go to the Mail app and log in to your Yahoo email.
- Then click on the Profile tab.
- After that, hit on the Notification option, and choose All Message & Features if you want to get notified for everything.
- However, if you want some specific notification, then select Just the message categories I choose tab.
- Now, you have to turn on the ‘People, Deals, Travel, Package Tracking, and Reminders.’ option.
After using the resolution methods explained in the comprehensive guide, users can easily tackle Yahoo Mail Notification is Not Working Error. If you are still hunting for additional help, you can communicate with our experts anytime by mail. Otherwise, you may also have a one-to-one conversation with the experts through live chat and rectify the error instantly.