Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Generally, the users run into TurboTax Error 1921 while updating the application to the newly launched version. It might also occur while running the TurboTax or while starting up and shutting down Windows. On the occurrence of the error, users might get stuck with the following error message indicating:
When the error occurs, it stops the users from accessing the advanced and latest TurboTax features. However, getting rid of such an issue as soon as possible is necessary so you can continue filing taxes using TurboTax.
Read the entire post properly to gain in-depth knowledge about the error and how to eliminate it without making much effort.
Finding it difficult to resolve TurboTax Error 1921 on your own and need instant help? Well, in that case, without wasting your time, contact our experts +1-855-362-0770 and get all answers to your queries.
Reasons Why Users Need To Experience TurboTax Error 1921
Fixing the error gets much easier and more convenient after studying the root causes behind the TurboTax Error 1921. Here, we have described some causes that trigger the error; read them carefully.
- If you haven’t installed the TurboTax software properly on your preferred device.
- Sometimes, it may happen when the user has deleted crucial TurboTax-related files accidentally.
- Corrupted Windows Registry files may also be responsible.
- Viruses or malware infections might hamper the performance of your system.
- Issues with the Microsoft .NETFramework could also be one of the reasons.
Read Also – How to Change TurboTax Password And User ID
What happens when you get TurboTax Error 1921?
You will face the following consequences whenever you come across TurboTax Error 1921 while using the TurboTax application.
- You might have witnessed that the active Windows program begins to crash.
- On the occurrence of the error, you will receive the error message on your computer screen.
- Your system may start freezing for a few seconds.
- Sometimes, you might notice that Windows starts responding slowly to mouse and keyboard.
Simple Techniques to Get Rid Of TurboTax Error Code 1921
We understand that it gets quite annoying for the users when they can’t update the TurboTax due to TurboTax Error 1921. Therefore, to figure out this issue, we have mentioned some simple ways to fix it. Ensure that you are performing the steps in the same manner as written below.
Solution 1: Put an End to the Background Processes
- In the initial phase, click on the Windows menu and then type “Task Manager” within the search column.
- Then, move further by clicking on the Task Manager to open it on your device.
- Now, you must end all the running programs or applications in the background, including TurboTax.
- Close the window and then relaunch your system.
- At last, try to open the TurboTax again and verify whether the issue persists.
Solution 2: Exit from the Intuit Update Service
- In the first place, launch the Run command box on your device. For that, press the Windows + R keys together.
- On the Run Window, insert “services.msc” in the text field. Then, tap on OK to move further.
- As a result, it will redirect you to the Services window, where you will get the list of all the services.
- From the list of services available, locate the Intuit Update Service and right-click on it.
- Later on, choose the Properties option to move ahead.
- Now, tap on the Startup Type and ensure that it’s not running. If you find that it’s running already hit the Stop button present on the Properties window.
- At last, set the Startup Type as Automatic and then choose the Save option.
However, if you still come across a message reading 1079 from Windows, indicating that it can’t stop the Intuit Update Service on your PC. For that, you have to perform the steps as follows:
- You must first open the Service’s Properties Window by following the aforementioned steps.
- After that, tap on the Log On tab and choose the Browse option on the right.
- Then, move further by adding the name of your computer in the last field. Further, opt for the Check Names option to verify the same.
- Now, click on OK and then add the administrator credentials if required.
- In the end, close the Services Window by clicking on the OK button.
Read Also – TurboTax Not Working on Windows 10
Solution 3: Get the latest version of Microsoft .NETFramework
- To begin with, reach the official website of Microsoft and then search for the Microsoft .NETFramework Installer.
- After that, you must pick the preferred language and hit on the Download button.
- Once the download process is over, navigate to the Downloads folder and tap on the downloaded setup file twice to open it.
- Soon after this, you must install the latest updates of the .NET Framework. For that, you must implement the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Lastly, launch the TurboTax application to find out if the error persists.
Solution 4: Verify For Windows Update
At times, using the newly launched version of Windows must help resolve most of the errors. Using the newer version of TurboTax on an older version of Windows might lead to certain issues like TurboTax Error 1921. To get the updated version of Windows, go through the below-listed steps properly.
- In the first place, right-click on the Start menu and then pick the Windows Powershell (admin).
- After this, enter “cmd” in the Powershell Console and wait for Powershell to switch to the cmd-like environment.
- Then, type “wuauclt.exe/updatenow” and then hit the Enter key from your keyboard to proceed further.
- Ultimately, if any updates are missing, Windows will automatically download them to your system.
Read Also – How to Upgrade TurboTax
Solution 5: Usage of Disk Cleanup for Cleaning the Junk Files
It has been noticed that your system stores a lot of junk files while accessing the internet. If the junk files are not removed as soon as possible, it might deteriorate the system’s performance. So, to avoid such issues, removing the junk files from your PC using Disk Cleanup is best. For that, you have to stick to the following steps written below.
- Initially, press the Windows + R keys together to bring up the Run window on your screen.
- After this, input “cmd” within the search column and tap OK.
- It will take you to the Command Prompt window, where you must type “cleanmgr”. Further, you have to hit Enter key to move to the next step.
- As a result, the Disk Cleanup will start computing how much disk space has been occupied by your system.
- Furthermore, you must select a series of checkboxes next to the Temporary Files you want to discard from your PC.
- Consequently, it will initiate cleaning junk files from your system, affecting your storage space.
- Once the cleaning process is over, it will completely remove junk files from your system.
Solution 6: Update the Interrupting Program
- Launch Windows 7 and then open the Control Panel on your device. To do so, input “Control Panel” in the search column of the Start menu.
- After this, tap on the Uninstall A Program option to remove the TurboTax program from your device completely.
- Whereas for Windows 8, tap on the Start menu and then hit the Result tab. Later on, choose the highlighted Uninstall a Program option.
- Furthermore, locate and select the Program Problems option.
- Now, you have to choose the Update or Uninstall option. Then perform the instructions visible on the screen to update the program.
Solution 7: Installation of the Runtime Libraries Once Again
If TurboTax Error 1921 is bothering you while updating the program, then uninstall the current package of Runtime Libraries and install it again.
- In the first place, you have to remove the package on your system and then highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package.
- You must uninstall the Runtime Libraries and then wait until the process is completed.
- After this, you are required to restart your system.
- Now, you have to get the newly launched version of the package and install it on your system. Complete the installation process by following the instructions presented on the screen.
Wrapping It Up!!
Finally, we hope this information has been informative and beneficial in fixing TurboTax Error 1921. However, if you still need help, don’t waste time and contact our professionals. The email or live chat features are the best ways to communicate with them, and you will receive the greatest help possible as soon as you contact our experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
TurboTax is one of the most annoying errors that might appear while updating the program. The users might strike this error in some of these common instances, which are as follows:
- Intuit Update Service Error 1921
- Error 1921 TurboTax
- TurboTax Error Code 1921
Yes, the users might come across TurboTax Error 1921 while using an unsupported version of TurboTax. However, if Windows is outdated, you won’t be able to use the upgraded features, which might interrupt other programs from running smoothly on the device.
Disk Cleanup is the utility provided by Microsoft that enables users to allocate some free space on their computer’s hard drive. Also, it helps in boosting the performance and speed of the system.