Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Is your QuickBooks Search not Working? Remembering dates regarding your purchases, or even want to get your queries answered? QuickBooks Search provides you with an easy way to pursue any of the above issues. We now have an easy search and find icon where one can easily access any account-related details or transaction simply by putting the details on the software.
Now, coming to the whole issue of QuickBooks Search Not Working, which is real trouble as it can also sometimes lead to the system hanging in the middle of the searches. Not only this, but as a user, you are unable to search for your desired list of transactions, but it can often cause hassle in putting entries at the time or dealing with customer files and much more. In this article, you will read about what leads to the QuickBooks Search Not Working and the ways to fix it.
Need immediate assistance with the “QuickBooks Desktop search is not working” issue? Contact us by dialing +1-855-362-0770 and get help in no time.
What Does QuickBooks Search Not Working Actually Mean?
QuickBooks is an efficient accounting application that has many incredible features that can save you time and reduce your efforts in accomplishing a task. QuickBooks search is also one of these features that comes with amazing benefits. You can utilize this feature on a daily basis to find transactions, company files, customers, and your preferred data.
In response to your search through the search option, QuickBooks will present the desired results. However, after updating QuickBooks to the latest release, you may notice that the search option is not working. In such a situation, you will have to look for these items manually in QuickBooks.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error Code 111
Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Search Not Working Issue
One of the reasons why the QuickBooks Search is not working can be because of the outdatedness of the product. Another reason can be that there can be a registry issue in the windows OS which can further hinder the search button to not work in order, or there can be a firewall obstruction in QuickBooks which can automatically create this hindrance. The main reasons behind the error are stated in the below-given list:
- Windows OS Registry error is one of the main reasons behind this error.
- Your Windows Firewall or Third-Party Firewall applications interrupt QuickBooks, thereby causing the QuickBooks search is not working error.
- Using an outdated version of the QuickBooks application.
- Damage in QuickBooks Search Index file.
How To Troubleshoot The QuickBooks Search In Not Working Issue?
Let’s discuss how to fix the QuickBooks search not working error:
1. Rename The Particular File
If you are facing this problem of the QuickBooks Search not working, what you can do is rename the file name of the particular company or enterprise. Sometimes, there can be an error in the search index file, and by re-titling it, this query can be resolved.
2. Re-install the App
Another solution to the QuickBooks Search not working can be to completely uninstall the app and then re-install it again. This will provide a clean slate to the software and will remove any strange activity in the software. This step will hopefully fix any bugs and will get it started in no time.
- Click the Start button and go to the Control Panel.
- Next, go to Programs and Features and select QuickBooks from the list.
- Now click Uninstall, and once done, download a new QuickBooks package.
- Once the download is finished, double-click the executable file and perform the on-screen instructions carefully to install QuickBooks.
Read Also – How to Reconcile in QuickBooks Online
3. Disable the Firewall
If you find any firewall in your system, you will have to disable the option from the settings, as it can be one of the reasons why your search icon is not working. If there is a windows firewall, then you can easily disable it from the control panel in the settings, but if there is any other third-party firewall involved in your system, you will have to read instructions from their origin or website to get it resolved from the source. Check the below-given steps:
- If you have an in-build Windows Firewall, turn it off temporarily by selecting the option underneath the Control Panel and then try to use the Search feature.
- When in Control Panel, go to the System and Security section.
- Next, select Windows Firewall to launch its Settings.
- Mark the checkbox for the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall option and click OK to implement the changes you have made.
- If you have a third-party firewall, find the instructions to disable it and try using the QuickBooks search function.
4. Get Professional Help
If you find your QuickBooks Search not working despite all of the above fixes, then what you might want to try is to fix the registry of your windows operating system. Whenever the search option is not working due to the registry problem, it is always advisable to go to a professional for help to resolve this issues..
Summing It Up!
QuickBooks search is an incredible feature in the program that can make your day-to-day search easier. If it doesn’t work properly, you will need to invest additional time and effort to find various items in QuickBooks. However, we have explained some effective solutions to use this feature back in the program. If you need additional assistance in the troubleshooting process, get in touch with us using our contact channels, such as email, chat, or helpline number.