Estimated Read Time : 5:00
QuickBooks has gained immense popularity in delivering top-notch and robust accounting features. Undoubtedly, QuickBooks is an excellent accounting software that streamlines the accounting and bookkeeping tasks of businesses. It is necessary to upgrade QuickBooks Desktop to the newly launched version to enjoy the enhanced security features and top-notch accounting features.
With the upgraded version you can get a better accounting experience. Thus, it helps in eliminating the technical glitches that might evoke due to outdated QuickBooks version. However, if you are looking for the proper guide to upgrade QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus, Premier Plus or Enterprise, then this post suits you best. You will have all the important details to upgrade your QBDT product without any hassle.
Dial Toll Free : +1-855-362-0770
What is the difference between a QuickBooks update and upgrade?
Whenever users encounter technical glitches while using QuickBooks, it is necessary to get the updates installed on your system. For this, you may receive a warning to upgrade the application to the newly launched version. With the upgraded QB software, you can work on the QuickBooks application smoothly without encountering any errors.
Every year, Intuit launches new editions of its QuickBooks Desktop software. To enjoy the benefits of the unmatched features and functions launched by QB you need to update the program. Just by updating to the currently launched version, you can get robust security features. Thus, it helps in safeguarding your company data from getting into the wrong hands.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error Code 15106
Significance of Upgrading the QuickBooks Desktop application
Upgrading the QuickBooks Desktop application to the newly launched version has multiple benefits. To make you aware about all of them, we have mentioned some of them below. Check them out.
- Upgrading the QuickBooks Desktop application will help you to use the accounting software error-free.
- QuickBooks releases new updates and upgrades to maintain the software’s compatibility with the operating system.
- Moreover, it also enhances the data security so that you can keep your crucial company data safe and secure from the hackers.
- Also, it helps in resolving the bugs and other security issues that the users might confront while accessing the QuickBooks software.
- Lastly, you can also keep track of your invoice in real-time.
Why is it necessary to Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop?
It is important to upgrade QuickBooks to the latest version to access the exceptional and enhanced features of the QuickBooks Desktop application. Apart from this, there are multiple other reasons which users need to upgrade QBDT to the newly launched version, which are as follows:
- By upgrading QuickBooks to the latest version, you can access the bank feeds feature using which you can save a lot of time by doing online banking. While using QuickBooks Enterprise, you can get access to the new mobile inventory functionality.
Moreover, you can also get your hands on the Advanced Reporting feature, which eliminates the need to import the Excel spreadsheets manually.
- With the upgraded version of the QuickBooks Desktop, you can access robust security features to safeguard your data from any unauthorized access. In addition to this, if you are using connected services like Intuit Payroll or Intuit Merchant Services, you have to update the application after every 3 years. Otherwise, the services will stop working.
- The users might come across several technical glitches and bugs while accessing the QuickBooks Desktop. One of the reasons behind those errors is accessing outdated accounting software. To avoid such issues, try upgrading it to the newly launched version so you can use the QBDT smoothly on your device.
- With the upgraded accounting software, you can get the latest updates regarding the new features launched. Moreover, the upgraded version alo helps improve your overall accounting experience so that you can easily handle your business accounting tasks.
Read Also – How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6144 82?
Before Upgrading QuickBooks Desktop, try creating backup of the QB company file
Right before you move ahead towards upgrading QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version, you must generate a backup company file. Doing so, will create a duplicate copy of your company file so that if your original data gets damaged, you can use the copy of it to proceed with your ongoing business accounting tasks.
Carry out the below-listed steps to create a backup of the company file.
- In the first step, launch the current version of the applicants on your system.
- After this, sign into your data file with the appropriate user admin credentials.
- Proceeding further, tap on the File menu and the Backup Company option.
- Following this, opt for the Create Local Backup option.
- Consequently, it will redirect you to the Create Local Backup window. Here, it will allow you to pick where you want to keep your company file backup.
- Now, opt for the Backup Storage option as per your suitability and then hit the Next option.
- If you wish to change your current backup settings, hover your cursor over the Options button from the Create Local Backup window.
- Eventually, the QuickBooks application will start generating the backup of your company file.
- Once you save the backup of the company file at a suitable location, shut down the window.
How can you upgrade your QuickBooks Desktop subscription?
Are you looking for a detailed procedure to upgrade QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version? If yes, you mustn’t worry and walk through the simple instructions listed below to do the same.
Case 1: If you get the notification to upgrade QBDT
Whenever a new version of the QBDT application is launched, the users will be notified with the same when they access QuickBooks. Go through the instructions listed below properly to upgrade the accounting application without any hassle.
- Once you are ready to install the updates, tap on the highlighted Upgrade Now option.
- After this, opt for the “Keep old version on my computer” to keep your current version of the QuickBooks application. Then, choose the Let’s Go option.
- Eventually, QuickBooks will start downloading, installing and activating the newly launched version of QuickBooks. Moreover, it will also upgrade your QuickBooks company file.
- Once the upgrade process is over, move your cursor toward the Open QuickBooks option.
Note: The time taken while upgrading QuickBooks Desktop totally depends on the speed of your internet and the company file size. Therefore, it is necessary that you must be connected with a high-speed internet connection throughout the entire update process.
Case 2: If you won’t see a pop-up message to upgrade your QuickBooks Subscription
For instance, if the user won’t get any prompt to upgrade the QuickBooks Desktop application, then you must change your one-time prompts. Below we have listed some of the simple steps to upgrade the QBDT subscription.
- To begin the process, head toward the Edit menu and click the Preferences option.
- Afterwards, opt for the General tab followed by the My Preferences.
- Following this, choose the “Bring back all one-time messages” and then tap on Ok option.
- Finally, shut down and then re-open the QuickBooks application on your system. Then, you will see the prompt to upgrade your QuickBooks subscription.
Case 3: Stepwise Instructions to Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop without a subscription
If you don’t receive any notification to upgrade your QuickBooks Desktop application it reflects that you have made a one-time purchase of your QuickBooks subscription. To upgrade the app you use the Easy Upgrade Tool. Below we have mentioned some of the simple instructions to use the tool to upgrade the accounting software with ease.
- Firstly, click on the Help menu, followed by the Upgrade QuickBooks option.
- Now, pick the version to which you want to upgrade from the list of available options. Further, tap on the Upgrade Now option and then move to the next step.
- If you want then, you can keep a copy of the QuickBooks version you are presently using.
- Finally, opt for the Keep old version on my computer and then the Let’s Go option.
Read Also – How to Resolve QuickBooks Error H303?
Case 4: Make Use of the Discovery Hub to Upgrade QuickBooks
The Discovery Hub is a preview of new features included in the QuickBooks Desktop Plus 2022. This tool hub consists of all the versions such as QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus, Premier Plus, Accountant Plus 2022, and all the editions of Desktop Enterprise 22.0.
- Initially, open the Discovery Hub on your system and choose Upgrade to QuickBooks 2022.
- Following this, opt for the Proceed to Upgrade option.
- In the next step, hover your cursor over the Upgrade Now option.
- If you wish to utilize both versions of the QuickBooks application, then choose the Keep old version on my computer.
- Once the process is completed, click on the Open QuickBooks option.
Drawing to a Conclusion
We hope you have understood how to upgrade QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus, Premier Plus, or Enterprise to the latest version. Also, you get to know why upgrading the software to the newly released version is necessary. However, you can talk to our experts if you feel any inconvenience while upgrading the QBDT application. For connecting with our QB professionals, you can connect them via email or the chat support facility.
Read Also – How do I Get Through to QuickBooks?