Estimated Read Time : 5:00
TurboTax is rated as the world-class tax filing software that streamlines the tax filing process of the businesses. Also, this software is known for delivering top-notch features and functions, but still, it is not free from technical flaws. One such error is TurboTax Error Code 42016, which might appear while updating the tax-filing software. Every time the error comes up; it starts throwing the error message that states:
“Error 42016: Unexpected Error Received”
As a result, the TurboTax Error 42016 might slow down the system’s performance and end up with losing crucial tax-related files. Therefore, to deal with the error, it is necessary to fix the problem as soon as possible. Considering this, we have covered all the information needed to solve the problem quickly.
Wondering how to cope with the TurboTax Error 42016 and need instant help? Well, in that case, connect with our experts by dialing @ +1-855-362-0770 to get the possible solutions to overcome the issue.
Reasons Why I Come Across TurboTax Error 42016
It is mandatory to know the actual reason that might evoke TurboTax Error 42016, so you can deal with the issue easily. Therefore, to simplify it, we have provided you with the root causes that might evoke the error.
- Sometimes, the users might encounter errors due to poor or unstable internet connection.
- It might occur due to the incomplete download of the TurboTax software.
- Another reason that might lead to TurboTax Error 42016 is bad or outdated graphic drivers.
- Using the unsupported version of the TurboTax software may also be responsible.
Read Also – How to Change TurboTax Password And User ID
How Can I Determine TurboTax Error Code 42016?
Here we have mentioned some of the signs and symptoms using which you can easily identify TurboTax Error 42016. Thus, it might help you analyze the error to eliminate the issue easily.
- The users might experience that their system starts freezing.
- It throws an error message on the computer screen whenever the error occurs.
- You might have witnessed that your computer starts performing sluggishly.
- It might also occur when the program shuts down without giving any proper warning.
- Sometimes, it may occur when there may be a sudden drop in the internet connection speed.
Best Working Solutions to resolve TurboTax Error 42016 Instantly
Before troubleshooting, it is essential to back up your tax data file. Doing so, will generate a duplicate copy that you can use when the original one gets damaged or corrupted. You must keep the backup file preferably on a removable device like a thumb drive.
Once done, try implementing the below-listed steps to overcome TurboTax Error 42016 instantly.
- Initially, you have to download the latest version of the Microsoft Fix it 5036 on your system. Once done, run this tool by following the online instructions to resolve the issue.
- After running the tool, try to update the TurboTax application again by opting for the Check for Updates option. You will get this option from the Online menu in TurboTax.
If you are unable to resolve the TurboTax Error 42016, then go through the steps listed below:
Read Also – TurboTax Not Working on Windows 10
1st Step: Get the Updated Version of Windows:- You must ensure that you have downloaded and installed the recently launched version of Windows. Along with this, ensure that the updates must also include:
- The most recently launched security updates
- Also, it must consist of the most recent updates of Microsoft .NETFramework.
2nd Step: You must be sure you are connected with a high-speed and uninterrupted internet connection.
3rd Step: After this, you must try updating the TurboTax application by tapping on the Check For Updates option. You will get this option from the Online menu in TurboTax.
4th Step: If you cannot download the latest TurboTax updates, you must wait for a while. Then, try to get the latest updates once again. Alternatively, you may get a manual update to resolve the TurboTax Error Code 42016.
Other Resolution Methods to Eliminate TurboTax Error 42016
Even after implementing the above-stated solutions, you still get the error, so don’t panic. Instead, glimpse the below-listed resolution methods to deal with the issue immediately.
Solution 1: Terminate Incompatible Programs
The users may be stuck with the error when the programs conflict with each other. Therefore, to deal with this issue, you are supposed to end all those conflicting programs. To do it, follow the instructions provided below exactly as written.
- Firstly, open the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys simultaneously.
- Then, you have to navigate to the Processes tab and click on it.
- Furthermore, terminate the process one after the other by highlighting every program. After this, tap on the End Process button.
- Now, you must check whether you still receive the TurboTax Error 42016 on your screen.
- Once you recognize which program is causing the error, proceed to the next troubleshooting solution.
Read Also – How to Upgrade TurboTax
Solution 2: Remove and Install RunTime Libraries once again
RunTime Libraries is a collection of software programs that enables the application to run smoothly on the device. However, in certain instances, if the library files are not working properly, users fail to run the TurboTax smoothly. As a result, it might lead to TurboTax Error 42016.
Furthermore, to resolve the issue, you must install the Runtime Library files again on the system. For that, implement the steps listed below attentively.
- Before starting the process, ensure you have uninstalled the TurboTax completely using the Programs and Features option.
- After this, navigate to the Microsoft Visual C++ redistribution package.
- Now, hit the Uninstall option and restart your system after completing the uninstallation process.
- You need to download the upgraded version of the redistributable package from Microsoft and then reinstall it.
Solution 3: Install the Graphic Drivers again
In certain instances, users might have stumbled upon the TurboTax Error 42016 due to outdated graphic drivers. Therefore, to resolve the issue, perform the steps listed below attentively.
- Begin the process by opening the Device Manager on your device.
- After that, look for the Graphic Driver and click on it to move ahead.
- Now, you have to right-click on the highlighted Video Card Driver.
- Then, tap on the Uninstall option and start your Windows PC again.
- End the process by reinstalling the graphic drivers and then verifying if the issue persists.
Read Also – How to Troubleshoot TurboTax Error 1921?
Solution 4: Try to Fix Internet Explorer Related Runtime Error
Sometimes, the users won’t be able to update the TurboTax software due to issues with the Internet Explorer browser. Therefore, to fix the issue apply the troubleshooting steps listed below carefully.
Restore your browser
- Windows 7 users must tap on the Start menu. Then, click on the Control Panel.
- After that, select the Internet Options, followed by the Advanced tab. Further, hit on the Reset button and proceed to the next step.
- Windows 8 and 10 users must click the Search option and Internet Options.
- In the end, hover your cursor over the Advanced tab and then the Reset option.
Turn Off Script Debugging and Error Notifications
- Initially, go to the Advanced tab and tap on the Disable Script Debugging option from the Internet Options window.
- After this, make sure that you have selected the checkbox of the “Radio” button.
- Thereafter, ensure that you have unmarked the “Display a Notification about every Script Error” item checkbox.
- Later on, opt for the Apply option and then the OK button.
Read Also – TurboTax Error 190
We assure you that the above-listed fixation methods will help you eradicate TurboTax Error 42016. Also, you must ensure to implement the troubleshooting methods in the right sequence to avoid any further issues. However, if the user is still receiving the error, you should not worry and connect with our TurboTax experts. You can get your query resolved either through email or the live chat facility.