Mac uses IOS, and it uses a bit different procedure to add a canon printer. As Canon is providing superior Japanese printing technology to its users, but sometimes users face problems while connecting Canon Printer to Mac. Readers are advised to read this complete blog to have the best and quick hacks to connect Canon printers to Mac. In case users face any technical issue, they can freely contact Canon customer care and talk to experts regarding any problem users face while connecting Canon printer with macOS.
It is important to note that macOS uses AirPrint and connects printers or automatically downloads it from the printer’s driver. It is advised not to install the printer’s software and follow appropriate instructions when the user is trying to link the printer with Mac. Don’t worry, If in case, MacOS need the latest software download, a notification will pop up to indicate the same.
- Adding USB printer to macOS
Most USB printers are easy to install. Update the software and connect via USB port. macOS will download the required software and will get connected. Sometimes it will need your help to complete the process.
- To update software: If you see a message that this software doesn’t support the printer, go to Apple menu>system >preferences > software update.
- Prepare the printer to connect: Follow the steps given in the manual and bring it to working condition.
- Connecting: Connect the printer by attaching the USB cable to Mac. Download the software if required. Multiport adaptors will increase efficiency.
- Addition of Wifi or network printer
To check the Wifi Connectivity of the printer user can apply these steps and attach HP Printer to macOS.
- Choose the ‘File’ option and followed by the selection of the ‘ Print’ option.
- Then select the printer pop-up menu and then select the nearby printer or printer scanners preferences.
- The final step for this is to choose your printer and in case you cannot find your printer in options, you can apply a more advanced solution for the same.
- Addition of network printer by IP address
Another advanced is to connect as IP Printer. But you must take care of the point that the printer must support the printing protocols such as AirPrint, HP JetDirect, Line Printer Daemon, or Internet Printing Protocol. But users must in mind that some printers give restrictions and support only limited functionality because of the usage of generic protocols.
Users must also use a particular queue and queue name for the addition of a printer in MAC. It also uses the printer’s IP address or hostname, printing protocol, model number, or the printer software name to complete the process. The user must also check the status of the printer and ensure compatibility with macOS. But in case you are facing any technical issue, you can contact Canon support and talk to an IT expert and have a quick solution for the same. Now the users can choose any to have the best result and happy printing.